среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Alaska Travel Album - Part One

Alaska Travel Album - Part One
1

When Lance saw this album he called it my "super album'. Yup - it's a big one! I tried to edit it down (and did take out a few photos), but decided I really liked everything that was in it. It's still manageable to flip through and will be easy to store. I happened to pick up these huge binder rings at an estate sale a few weeks earlier than worked perfectly to fit it all.


2

The cover is made from a vintage Alaska postcard. In the corner I clustered a sticker, label with the date, and an Alaskan stamp I happened to find in my vintage stamp collection.


3
The journal is organized by day. Each day is separated by an index divider.

4

5

For each day I made a photo collage with my favorite photos from that day, and included a handwritten itinerary on a variety of new and vintage papers. I'm trying to incorporate my own handwriting more often since I love seeing handwriting in old scrapbooks and journals I find.


6

7

8

I tried to remember to document more than just the landmarks, including the travel involved going to and from the main destination. I included photos and information on our flights, my flight essentials, and iPod playlist.


9

11

13

15

Since I included so many photos I couldn't spend much time on each individual photo. One way I sped up the process was to place labels and stickers directly on the photos. Simple and fast.


16

17

I also included business cards / postcards / maps that really helped tell the story of our trip. I paired the postcard from the Native Heritage museum with a business card (tucked in the mini envelope) from a totem pole carver who was working there that day. The pamphlet from the Conservation Center opens up to a map showing all of the animals treated at the center.


Part Two coming tomorrow - the rest of my album, along with tips and tricks for compiling your own travel album this summer.


Original article and pictures take saturdaymorningvintage.typepad.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий