среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

DIY Paint Chip Valentine Garland

DIY Paint Chip Valentine Garland
paint-chip-valentine-garland1

paint-chip-valentine-garland2

Just a teeny-tiny, super-simple little project for you today! If you play your cards right, you can even make it for free. I have this little paint chip Valentine garland hanging up above my desk and I love it so much I wanted to share. Let’s get to it.


Materials


  • paint chips from your local paint store
  • embroidery thread
  • glue gun
  • scissors

Make Time: 20 Minutes


Head to your local paint store and do some browsing. Most stores will allow you to have paint chips for free; these are a few I had collected over the years and finally found a good use for them! Pick a fun palette; if you like the ombre look that I used, get colors that create that effect.


paint-chip-valentine-garland3

Arrange the colors in an order that you love (I cut them into little squares first to make sure my hearts were all roughly the same size). Cut little hearts out of each color, keeping them in order. I like the way they look cut freehand, but you could also trace a heart if you’d like a more uniform look.


paint-chip-valentine-garland4

paint-chip-valentine-garland5
Place a dot of hot glue on the back of each heart (in the center toward the top) and sink the embroidery thread into the glue. Continue until all the hearts are in place.

paint-chip-valentine-garland6

paint-chip-valentine-garland7

That’s it! It’s just so stinkin’… cute. I don’t usually go for cute but this is floating my boat. Maybe it’s the slightly funky color palette or something — just a little different for Valentine’s Day than the usual red/pink/white situation. In any case, I hope you love it and I hope you make it! Happy Valentine’s Day, pals. xoxo


paint-chip-valentine-garland8

paint-chip-valentine-garland9

paint-chip-valentine-garland10

Original article and pictures take lovelyindeed.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий