среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

DIY Paper Flowers

DIY Paper Flowers

I love paper flowers, perhaps as much as I love the real thing. It's possible to get so close to the realism of a natural flower, but I appreciate the intrinsic whimsy as well. They just make me happy.


I've got a flower project that I've been thinking about for Easter, so I've started gathering up inspiration. And what inspiration there is! I found so many beautiful examples that anyone can make, and most of them require little more than paper, a template or paper punch, and glue. Don't be intimidated, especially if your first flower takes a little while to make. It gets easier as you go and faster as you get used to the process - and it's absolutely worth it in the end!


DIY with Tutorials:


Giant Flowers
One day, I want an entire wall of these giant flowers in my workspace (in red!). I feel like they'd make me happier than happy. (from Ruche for Design Sponge)

Floral Party Hats
Transform paper flowers into floral party hats (or perhaps an updated version of an Easter bonnet?) from

Oh Happy Day


Flowers
These structured flowers are made from 1-inch circles made with a paper punch (from Cotton and Brass for

The Wedding Chicks)


HPIM9720
Less realistic than some examples, but no less charming. Scalloped edge scissors and crepe paper streamers make up this ruffly flower from It's in the Details.

Daffodils
Here's my tutorial for crepe paper daffodils from a guest blog post I did for

To Be Charmed.


Inspiring:


Crafts_6

Crafts_9
From The Green Vase (See lots of other beautiful examples on the site as well.)

Iceland Poppies
Iceland Poppies via Emmaline Bride (a kit you can order)

Paper-Flowers_0053
Whimsy from Thuss+Farrell

Original article and pictures take urbancomfort.typepad.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий