среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Fall Leaf Initial

Fall Leaf Initial

Happy First Day of September! Fall is right around the corner. I'm sure we'll have another hot spell here, but it's been really mild lately and I'm looking forward to cooler days.


I started a bit of fall decorating in anticipation of those cooler days and the first little project I've gotten done is the transformation of my $5 Hobby Lobby "R".



That fuzzy brown stuff used to be moss. I left my poor moss initial in the sun too long and then stashed it in a closet so it was pretty sad looking and desperately in need of a make-over.


The best thing about this project is that I had all of the supplies on hand, so I spent zero dollars to remake my "R".



I used Elmer's Mounting spray at first and then switched to a spray adhesive for a stronger hold.



I had these leaves left over from last year. They're from Michael's.


As you can imagine, the process is really easy.



I sprayed the "R" with the mounting spray and I just laid the leaves out on the "R" the way that wanted them. I positioned them so that they overlapped. Once I got them all laid out, I sprayed the backs of the leaves with a more permanent adhesive spray.


So easy!


I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to do with it. Right now it's hanging on an old window over a bookcase in our living room, but I may attach it to a wreath...we'll see.


Any fall decorating in the near future for you!?


I'll be linking up to:




Original article and pictures take thethriftyabode.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий