среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Gold Desk Ikea Hack

Gold Desk Ikea Hack

I'm going a little gold crazy over here. First with the polka dot walls and now with a can of gold spray paint. This room is a bit of a transition space - for now it'll serve as the office and play area for Alice but eventually, once another kid comes along, Alice will move over from her nursery. So, with that in mind, I really did not want to invest much in a desk. I wanted something small, sleek and of course, gold! Enter IKEA and a can of spray paint from the Home Depot...


Gold Desk Ikea Hack

Yep, the perfect desk and it cost a whopping $54 plus spray paint. I purchased the 'vika moliden' legs ($20 each) and the 'vika amon' table top in a beautiful, glossy white. The table top is sadly being discontinued but the good news is it cost a whopping $14! Run, don't walk, to your nearest store!


I did some research and ended up choosing the Rustoleum Metallic Gloss gold spray paint. I'm so happy with the way it turned out and the shade of gold was perfect with the gold dots.


gold ikea legs

I kind of want to spray paint everything I own now...


Sources:

legs: IKEA, vika moliden

table top: IKEA, vika amon (discontinued, my store still has stock. similar here)

gold spray paint: rustoleum metallic gloss gold, the Home Depot


gold polka dot decals: urban walls

paint: para paints, coconut sugar


I still have a few more big pieces to get in place and then decorating! I'm working at "mom pace" over here so bear with me.


Christine

update: click here to see the completed home office tour in all it's gold and girly glory!


Original article and pictures take www.justbellablog.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий