среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Make a Lucky Charms Wreath for St. Patrick’s Day

Make a Lucky Charms Wreath for St. Patrick’s Day
Make a Lucky Charms Wreath for St. Patrick's Day

Ever since Heidi made a Lucky Charms bracelet for Mod Podge Rocks last year, I’ve been obsessed with figuring out how to incorporate this delicious cereal into another craft. Her project was seriously brilliant, and I knew I couldn’t touch jewelry because she already went there. So I decided to venture into the home decor realm with this fun Lucky Charms wreath! Make St. Patrick’s Day a little kitschy and a little colorful with this fun project. Check out the detail:


DIY Lucky Charms Wreath detail

The only time consuming part of this craft is picking the marshmallows out of the cereal, and it’s kind of a shame that you don’t get to eat them . . . but the end result is worth it. Here’s how I made this wreath.


Gather These Supplies


  • 12″ chipboard wreath form
  • Lucky Charms cereal – one box
  • Acrylic paint – white
  • Clear acrylic sealer
  • Craft glue
  • Blue ribbon
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors

IMG_3411

I found this nice chipboard wreath form at Hobby Lobby. I didn’t want to use foam because it was too thick (and I didn’t want a round edge to work the cereal around) – so this was perfect. I painted it white and let it dry.


IMG_3423

This part brought a few tears to my eyes. I had to pick the marshmallows out of the cereal. The marshmallows are the best part! Though I was sad to do it . . . the final result was worth it. And I’m not going to lie – a few may have snuck into my mouth during this process.


20140304_112058

To make the wreath, simply add the marshmallows to the wreath using the craft glue. Treat it like a puzzle where you are fitting the pieces as closely together as possible.


20140304_113120

Work your way around the ring, gluing until the circle was closed. Once the gluing is finished, take it outside and spray clear acrylic sealer to seal.


IMG_3440
To finish, hot glue a ribbon to the back. Let dry for a few minutes.

How to make a Lucky Charms wreath

I’m pretty pleased with how the finished product turned out. It’s crazy, it’s fun – it’s a Lucky Charms wreath. What do you think? Would you add this to your St. Patrick’s Day decor?


Original article and pictures take diycandy.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий