среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

today's mood & art journaling

today's mood & art journaling
IMG_0406

The journal page above was actually from the other night. It's been a long week already (think I started with a bad attitude on Monday and kept it going), and the other night I sat on the floor with a pad of construction paper and scissors and a glue stick and had fun fun fun. Here's another spread from that night:


IMG_0405
Target Kid Made Modern line of construction paper

Anyway, this morning when I woke up a funk had set in. Not enough sleep, need to drink more water, excercise more yadda yadda yadda. Nothing big, just worries, real and imagined, too much to do, headache, etc.We all have those days.


Usually, if I wake up grumpy I can adjust my attitude with a little art journal play. So I grabbed some paints and my journal with that in mind.


IMG_2727
I even tried a change of location from the usual, this time sitting in the dining room. I didn't make it into the TimerCam app pic haha:

IMG_2731

IMG_2747
Obviously, I didn't shake the focus on my mood much!

IMG_0403
Silly girl.

So I grabbed my camera to head outside and capture some things that made me happy and sat down for a bit. Luckily, Jennifer called about some future teaching trips we have in the works and we had a long art filled conversation. During the phone call I began to doodle and then started painting on the pages too:


IMG_2757
It was a looooong phone call ;). And just what my funk needed. The colors didn't hurt either.

IMG_2756

IMG_0398

circles

Art journaling worked it's magic on me once again. (And friendship too, of course.) So grateful I started doing it all those years ago, can't imagine my life without that form of play and expression. If you've always thought about it, but never done it, I say take the leap and join all us art journalers out here in the fun!


Original article and pictures take www.pamgarrison.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий