среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Dyed Bottle Brush Trees

Dyed Bottle Brush Trees

Last Thursday I had the pleasure to go shopping at the Intratuin Christmas market in Zevenhuizen The Netherlands. I had so much fun together with fellow bloggers Vogesparis, April & May and Interiorator. Have I told you that Intratuin does the best Christmas markets in The Netherlands? So I was in for a treat.


I picked up a whole bunch of Intratuin bottle brush trees as I got so many questions about my kitchen mantle village of 2012. I thought it would be a great idea to tell you about my Christmas tree dyeing experiences.



How to go from green trees to many coloured trees?


What do you need:


hot water

bleach

salt

powdered fabric paint (I used Dylon)

rubber gloves


Those are the main ingredients to dye a forest of trees as pictured above.


You’ll first have to fill a bucket with hot water and bleach. Let the trees soak in the water/bleach bucket until they have lost all their colour. Next you’ll have to create another bucket with the fabric paint in it. For dark colours let the trees soak in the colour bath and for light colours dip the trees in the colour bath.


That’s all! You really need to experiment with this project.



Here are a few technique examples:


1. Dylon Powder Pink – dipped

2. gold sprayed with pearly beads

3. 100% natural bleached

4. Dylon Powder Pink – soaked


Have fun … I’m off again to add some more pearls to my trees as they were waiting to dry. I’ll leave you with a fun video shot at the Intratuin Christmas Market – wheee!



Original article and pictures take www.yvestown.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий