среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

dyed wooden clothespins (and a christmas card display!)

dyed wooden clothespins (and a christmas card display!)


They’ve come up with a Color Formula Guide that lets you make more than 500 colors by combining their dyes (and sometimes water). I have this thing for custom colors and have always felt a little, well, stifled by the set group of colors out there. But NOW, now I have a secret weapon for all my custom color needs. Feels fabulous.




I almost couldn’t decide which project to work on with the beautiful box RIT sent me (including every. single. dye. color. in their line)! But then I couldn’t get the idea of dying wood without the yucky, smellyness of wood stain our of my head. Plus, we don’t have a way to display our Christmas cards. And we need one. So there’s that.


Do you need a spot to put all of your Christmas cards too? To make a dyed Christmas Card Tree, gather-


-scrap 1″x2″ board, cut into eight pieces (6″ long, 9″ long, 12″ long, 15″ long, 18″ long, 21″ long, 24″ long, and another 24″ long for the trunk)

-wooden clothespins (I used twenty two)

-RIT dye



First dye your clothespins. Make small batches of dye and soak your clothespins in the dye to make yourself a mini clothespin rainbow (I’ll be honest, I. love. these! No clothespin is safe from the RIT dye now that I discovered how fabulous they look dyed).


Nail the shorter boards to the longest board, in order from shortest (on the top) to longest (on the bottom).



Paint green dye on the ‘branches’ and brown dye on the ‘trunk.’




Let everything dry out (the clothespins and the ‘tree’). Hot glue the dyed clothes pins onto the ‘tree’ like lights. Arrange the top row in a yellow starburst pattern. Glue that in place too.



You’re done! Add Christmas cards and you have a seriously fabulous display.

Save


Original article and pictures take kojo-designs.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий